WHAT IS NEEDED
We need to cool a building of 1.000sqm, medium insulation and average outside conditions during summer of 30?C
It is estimated a cooling ?need of 120 kW
|DIRECT EXPANSION AIR CONDITIONING
||COLD AIR EVAPORATIVE COOLING
|To air conditiong the building it has been chosen a VRV system for a total of 120kW cooling power, with internal duction for distribution of the air
||For cooling the building it has been chosen the Cold Air evaporative cooling system with a total air input of 80.000 mc/h comparable with 120kW cooling power .
|AVERAGE COST OF THE INVESTMENT FOR THE COMPLETE INSTALLED SYSTEM (IN EURO)
|AVERAGE MONTHLY RUNNING COST OF THE ENTIRE SYSTEM
Further advantages of evaporative cooling
- The fresh and clean air given by the evaporative coolers avoids the sick building syndrome, increases productivity and decreases injuries during the warm/hot months.
- It has been proven that a slight increase in the humidity in the air grants better health and helps to eliminate smells.
- Reduces the costs to a small fraction than what would be necessary with a traditional air conditioning system.
- Cooling a building with the Cold Air evaporative coolers permits to obtain continuous clean air,?independently?from how many air changes are applied.
- Unlike the misting?systems, the Cold Air evaporative coolers are virtually insensible to humidity, they work at their best with temperatures above 25°C and a relative humidity lower than 75%. The misting systems are practically inefficient with relative humidity above 30%.
- By using evaporative cooling systems instead of traditional air conditioning systems it has been calculated that it could be possible to reduced the world consumption of oil used for cooling systems of an amazing 90% per year and reduce the CO2 emissions of many tons.